Healing Rain

The rain is pouring down. I can hear it beating against the window. And when I say pouring, I don't mean drizzling, coming down in a light shower, or even descending at a reasonable pace. I mean pouring.

Okay...so the Seattle area is known for receiving a lot of rain. We're used to it. But even for us, enough is enough.

Today, the words of a song I learned as a child came to mind. "Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day."

A song I've learned as an adult speaks of a different type of rain. Healing rain. The kind that God showers on us when we need forgiveness, healing from painful relationships, or other hurts we've hidden in our hearts.

The ending to the song was written by Michael Farren and the words go like this...

Healing rain is falling down
Healing rain is falling down
I'm not afraid.
I'm not afraid.

Let it rain, let it rain
Open the flood gates of heaven
Let it rain...

We can never get enough of experiencing God's love raining down on us.

Hoping you feel soaked!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye