Comfort Food

As we move into the winter months, the air continues to cool. In Seattle, we don’t have to contend with a lot of snow and below zero readings on the thermometer. But our winters are still filled with chilly temperatures, wind, and rain.

There’s nothing better when it’s cold and damp outside than to snuggle inside by a roaring fire and eat comfort food. You know…chili, homemade soups, and grilled cheese sandwiches.

And if you’ve had a bad day and need even more comfort…there’s always pizza, hot buttered popcorn…and CHOCOLATE.

God’s word can be comfort food for our souls.

The Bible assures us that God desires to be our comfort.

I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him. Isaiah 57:18

As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you. Isaiah 66:13

Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. Jeremiah 31:13

Having a bad day?
A bad week?
A bad year?

Savor God’s warm, wonderful comfort.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye