So Much to Do and So Little Time


I can’t relate to people who complain about being bored. There are never enough hours in the day for me to do all that I want to. Maybe that’s why I smiled when I read the following quote. This describes how I feel some days.

“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. I’m so far behind, at this rate I’ll NEVER DIE!” ~ Unknown

Time is precious and I don’t believe in wasting it. But, I also know that it’s unhealthy to let my life get out of balance. My husband continues to remind me that’s it’s okay to take time out. With his help, I’ve gotten better at it.

Where does this need come from to be productive almost every waking minute? Is it genetic? Is it a product of my environment? Or some inner need to prove myself?

God has put me on earth for a purpose and I don’t want to miss the mark. But, I also know that He loves me regardless of how productive I am. He doesn’t require that I prove anything.

God also has blessed “time out” and told us to set time aside for rest.

May we all learn to slow down.
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye