Trying To Do It All On Your Own?



I don’t know about you, but there are times when I wish for the strength and stamina of a worker ant. After all, the tiny creature is able to carry one hundred times its weight. Not that I want to walk around carrying a ball weighing … well, we won’t go there. But I do have a habit of setting unrealistic expectations of myself and then getting frustrated when I don’t accomplish everything on my to-do list.

There is also this fact. Many of us struggle with the false belief that we have to do it all on our own. We find it difficult to ask for help or accept it when offered. 


Guilty! I’ve been there—either because I didn’t want to bother someone or because I wanted to make sure the task was done right. Or at least my version of right. Others may avoid asking for help because of pride, shame, or embarrassment. They may feel the need to prove something to themselves or other people.

When you are in a situation where you could really use some help, consider the following:

  • Alone, you can accomplish good things, but a team working together may accomplish GREAT things. 
  • “Many hands make light work.”   ~ John Heyword
  • Remember how rewarding it feels to help someone else. Allowing others to join in and work toward a goal provides them the opportunity to be blessed.
  • It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when trying to do everything on our own. But a good leader gives others opportunities to develop their talents, share them, and have a moment to shine.

Is there something difficult you need to tackle this week? Consider asking a family member, friend, or co-worker to lend a helping hand.

Dawn






No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye