What Does It Say About You?

Personalized license plates and frames are great. They tell so much about people's personalities, their sense of humor, or what’s important to them.

A friend of mine has a frame around her license plate that reads, “Drive Only as Fast as Your Angels Can Fly.” Another friend’s says, “My Other Car is a Broom.”

My youngest daughter graduated from Washington State University. The school’s mascot is a cougar. For awhile my license plate frame read “WSU – Cougar Mom.” I never thought about the other meaning that could relay. Cougar mom—yikes! LOL My new frame says, “I’d Rather be Writing.”

You’ve probably seen the popular “Whoever Has the Most Toys Wins.” Really? At what?

I once saw a personalized frame that said, “Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans.” Maybe I'm being too analytical, but what does that mean?

Has the driver become cynical? Did he once ask for God’s help with his dreams and aspirations, but failing to accomplish them, now blames God? Does he believe that God sits on a throne, laughing at us while thinking of ways to thwart our plans?

Perhaps God laughs because he sees the humor in us trying to do our own thing, thinking we know what we need. God sees the bigger picture. He knows what’s really up ahead and what’s best for us.

Or … does the driver believe that God delights in our hopes, dreams, and plans so much, that it sets him to laughing from pure joy at our willingness to share them?

What does your license frame say?

Happy driving,
Dawn

5 comments:

  1. I don't have a license plate frame, but I would love to find one that says I'd rather be writing. Where did you find it?

    As for the God laughs one, God has plans for us, and when we try to take control and tell God what we want instead, it can be disastrous. I don''t think it means He's laughing at us, but that He knows what's best, if only we would listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorna!

    I agree with your interpretation of the plate that says "Make God Laugh." :-D

    I ordered the license frame, "I'd Rather Be Writing," last summer. I don't remember the name of the company, but try googling "personalized license plate frames." You'll probably come up with several that allow you to order custom frames with your own wording, color, and font. That's what I did.

    My frames are silver, with white lettering, and a black background behind the lettering. The combination looks really cool. (I should have included a photo on the blog.)

    I think I paid $15 per frame, so it was a total of $30 plus shipping for the two frames. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My license plate frame says John 10:10 which is the verse about the devil coming to steal and destroy but the Lord comes to give life and life abundantly. Goes well with my license plate, which is
    ZST4LYF.
    The problem is, someone ripped off part of it and now the frame just says John 10:1. I've got to get it replaced because John 10:1 is not exactly the message I'm wanting to convey. That verse reads “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane!

    Thanks for sharing! I can understand why you'd want to get your frame fixed. LOL

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye