You're Worth More

Lately, I’ve been awakened at 5:30 in the morning. Not by my alarm clock. Not by the noisy truck that resides across the street. And not by my early rising husband. (He’s already at work by then.) So what has me stirring from deep sleep at that time of day? Song. The birds outside my bedroom window beginning their morning concert.

Some people may be annoyed, thinking of the vocals as only noise disturbing their sleep. Not me. I especially love when the weather becomes warm enough that I can keep the bedroom window open. The fresh air and song birds let me know that spring has arrived. The long, dreary winter is over. My yard comes back to life with blossoming trees and flowers springing from the ground.

The sights, sounds, and smells of nature have a way of reconnecting me with God. They remind me that He is bigger than the stress or demands of the corporate world, the physical pain of illness, or the emotional turmoil that comes with broken relationships. Being in touch with creation helps keep things in perspective for me.

A bird’s song makes me feel peaceful - content. It’s like receiving assurance from God that He’s watching over me. Luke 12: 6-7 says, “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” (NIV)

Next time you hear to a bird singing, take time to listen and enjoy. God is with you.

Have a great week!

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye