Heading to the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference

I’m getting ready to attend the (ACFW) American Christian Fiction Writers conference. This year it's being held from September 18th - 21st in Minneapolis. Over 500 writers, editors, and agents will attend. This is my fourth year and it feels like I’m going back for old home week. I’ve made great friends from across the country and it will be wonderful to see them.

I lived in the Minneapolis area for fifteen years and a bonus is that with going a day early, I have the opportunity to hook up with a few friends I haven’t seen in a long time. I’m excited to have the chance to sit down with them and catch up without relying on email.

Our key note speaker for the conference is Angela Hunt. I love her work and am excited to hear her speak. Angela is the best-selling author of The Tale of Three Trees, The Debt, The Note, and The Nativity Story, with over three million copies of her books sold worldwide. My favorite is Uncharted.

This year an off-site public book signing has been added that will outshine any book signing imaginable. Below are the details. So, if you live in the Minneapolis area – or are within driving distance – this is something you don’t want to miss!

Public Book Signing

Mall of America

Saturday, September 20th

1:00 pm – 3:00 pm

ACFW has been working with local bookstores, book clubs, and media to spread the word about this event. Approximately 100 authors are participating.

The book signing will be located in the main rotunda of the Mall of America, down a hallway, and in the Sears Rotunda. Barnes & Noble is located next to the main rotunda and will have books of participating authors available for sale.

I’ll fill you in on my conference adventure when I return, and hopefully will be able to share some fun pics.

Have a great week!
Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dawn, I am so excited about conference, too! Dear friends, old and new, here we come!

    :) Annette

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye