Thirsty?

I’ve been trying to drink more water. I know it’s good for me and critical to my survival, but I still have a difficult time downing the suggested eight glasses a day. So I drink already flavored water, or add lemons and do whatever I can to make it more appealing.

Have you ever thought about the correlation between our need for water and our need for God? I know. I’m being analytical here again, but just go with me for a minute.

Did you know that an average adult body is 50 to 65 percent water? That's roughly 45 quarts. That’s a lot of water! Blood is made up of 83 percent water, bones are 22 percent water, and muscle is 75 percent water.

Water plays several crucial roles in the body. It helps regulate temperature, carries nutrients and oxygen, and removes waste. It also cushions joints and organs.

Our relationship with God can be similar to how we view our need for water.

When you first start to consume more water, you can barely get it down. You might yearn for something that has more sugar or fat content. Things that may initially taste good, but aren’t good for you. In our lives, we may be tempted by opportunities that may look fun, but are contrary to what God tells us the best - or healthiest way to live.

We often don't realize that we're dehydrated and in need of water until the effects of not having enough takes a toll on our bodies. Likewise, we may occasionally go to church or pray and not realize how much we need God in our lives until we're in the midst of a crisis. When we run into a difficult situation, we may start to feel a thirst for more of God. We realize we need Him to survive.

Just like discovering a craving for water, the clean and refreshing liquid that sustains our life…we can also develop a craving to spend more and more time with God, the giver of life.

“Jesus answered, ‘Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4: 13-14

He wants to satisfy your thirst.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye