The Story Isn’t Over

How many times have you wondered why? 

Like … why do bad things happen to good people? 

Why don't things always work out the way we want them to?


Why doesn’t God answer all prayers with a “yes?”

This past Thursday, my husband and I made a visit to my stepdaughter’s grave on what would have been her 28th birthday. Angie died in a freak car accident when she was only 19 years old. It devastated our family. It didn’t make sense to us why God allowed a beautiful, smart girl to die at such a young age. She didn’t do anything to deserve it. And she loved the Lord and shared her faith with those around her. We still wonder what she’d be like and doing with her life today. We've asked why many times….

I’ve watched people being frustrated over job loss or not getting the promotion they worked hard for.

I’ve listened to women cry over sweet romances gone sour, wondering why they can’t find someone to love them the way they deserve to be loved.

I’ve empathized with those questioning why some have an abundance of wealth, while others struggle to make rent.

We've heard about unwed teens getting pregnant, while married couples put themselves through expensive fertility treatments in hopes of having a child.

As I’ve grown older, I’ve questioned God less because I’ve experienced answers to some of the whys. I've learned there are sometimes good reasons behind disappointments and God saying "no" or "not now."

Heartbreak over men dated was healed when the right one came into a woman’s life. She saw and understood how God protected her from making a wrong choice.

A job that someone desperately wanted would have stood in the way of a better and more fulfilling opportunity down the road.

People who struggled financially were grateful for what they had and sometimes were more willing to share than those financially blessed.

Infertile couples provided loving homes for children who would otherwise be raised in a system that couldn’t provide the same kind of care.

First Corinthians 13:12 says, “For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.”

We don’t have all the answers as to why things happen like they do. And we may never have answers until we’re face to face with God and gain only the understanding that he can provide. I’ll always wonder why Angie died. But, I believe God used her death for good—maybe to reach people who knew her with the reality that they’re not invincible.

I do know this … 

While situations may not be what we want at any given time, we don’t know what God has in store for us in the future. While he sees the big picture, we only see what’s right in front of our eyes.

Whatever your circumstances, remember that the story isn’t over … and it won’t be over until we reach THE END.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye