No One is Insignificant!



With a brilliant blue sky above and gentle breezes blowing, I spent a fun-filled morning at a toddler park with my grandchildren. After swinging, flying down slides, and moving sand with toy dump trucks, I sat on the sidelines for a few minutes to watch my three-year-old grandson climb a small tower.

I glanced down, and with a mind free of “to-dos” waiting for me at home, my gaze took in the flowering clover surrounding me in the park. The grassy area was filled with small blooms.

No one else seemed to notice. Children and adults were trampling the flowers, oblivious to the beauty beneath them.

The clover is not a big or flashy flower. It’s never chosen for bouquets or gardens. Sometimes it's overlooked. Other times it's thought of as undesirable—a weed to be plucked or mowed over and thrown away. You certainly won’t find it in pristine lawns.

But if we look closely, we can see the beauty God created in this simple blossom.

Couldn’t the same be said of people? What could we appreciate about a person if we avoided making judgments before learning more? What amazing things might we discover?

As for ourselves . . . how many times have we asked what am I doing here?

God has a purpose for every living thing. For you see, the clover hadn’t gone entirely unnoticed. Bees were dining on the flower’s sweet nectar.


The Lord will complete what his purpose is for me.  ~ Psalm 138:8 ISV

We may not be the prettiest, the smartest, the richest, the most popular, or the most talented in the world. But, we are ALL significant. God DOES have a purpose for us.

And there is a unique beauty about us that God placed there from the very beginning.


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  ~ Psalm 131: 13 NIV

So, on those days when you question your significance, remember the clover . . .



When have you overlooked someone and then later discovered something remarkable about that person?

How do you pull yourself out of a slump when you start to feel that what you do or say doesn’t matter?


Dawn




2 comments:

  1. Dawn,I love your heart!! <3
    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gail! There was a time when I struggled with feeling insignificant, so it's on my heart to encourage others.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye