A Soft Place to Land

Do you have a soft place to land?

You know . . . somewhere you can go when you need to escape from the world, be comforted, or just feel supported and cared for?

My daughters are twenty-six and almost twenty-nine. They’re independent, intelligent, strong women. But there are still times when I get phone calls in the middle of the night because they need a comforting word. There are still days when they need to just hang out with us.

My husband and I have always strived to provide a soft place for our kids - no matter how old or grown up they become. They’re all adults now, successful at making their own way. But when the world batters them down, when they’ve had a bad day, or they just need to talk . . . we’re here. If they need help meeting daily life challenges . . . we’re here. If they need reminding that they’re lovable and loved . . . we’re here.

As for my soft place? My husband and I try to provide that for each other. A place where we can shut out the world, talk, and believe that everything is going to be okay.

But, not everyone has a spouse or parent who can provide that kind of environment. Some can’t – some don’t know how – and some just don’t care. Sometimes the people who can and do provide it, aren’t always available.

What happens then? What can we do?

We can find comfort, peace, and rest in God’s arms.

Trust me. He’ll always provide a safe place to land.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye