The Most Important Piece of Information

One of the few commercials I enjoy is the one pertaining to information overload. One person asks a question and a domino affect takes place with people in the area spitting out related – but sometimes obscure – pieces of information.

I love Google. I probably google on an average of five times a day. Recipes, instructions on how to, word definitions, research for various writing projects, etc.

Although technology and the Internet are great, I admit that like the people in the commercial, I also feel at times overwhelmed with the amount of information available. It’s easy to get sidetracked down the cyber highway. One minute I’m looking up a simple recipe for a dish, and the next I’m printing off five unrelated recipes. All of which I’ll never take the time to cook.

When we switch from sitting in front of the computer to sitting in front of the TV, we’re still in a position to be exposed to information overload. Cable provides twenty-four hours of news and weather, and a multitude of educational programs – history, the animal kingdom, and documentaries. Don’t forget all the talk shows and anything and everything that relates to sports.

If you want an even greater overload – sit with your laptop and peruse the Internet while watching CNN!

We can’t possible retain it all!!!

So we need to discern what are the most important pieces of information for our lives.

For instance, as I was commuting home from work one day, a simple song from childhood started running through my head.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

As a teenager, my friends and I used to groan when asked to sing that song at camp, church, or elsewhere. After all, it was a kid’s song – and not cool. We wanted to sing more upbeat tunes.

But as an adult, I’ve heard stories of people in crisis – desperate situations – where this song surfaced from memory and provided comfort.

It says all we need to know . . .

Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
they are weak but He is strong.

We belong to Him. And even though we may be tempted or undergoing a difficult time in our life, He’s there to give us strength.

Jesus loves me! He who died
heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
let His little child come in.

He came out of love and died for us that we might be forgiven and have eternal life. What we have on earth is temporary.

Jesus loves me! He will stay
close beside me all the way.
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

There’s no need to fear the challenges that come our way, of being alone, or even death. He’s always with us, and He will never leave us.

No matter how much knowledge we take in and retain . . . the most important piece of information is this . . .

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me.
Jesus loves you.

Have a great week.
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye