Time for a Vacation!

I’ve previously written posts about the importance of friends and maintaining those relationships.

I deeply value my friends. They bring joy, companionship, encouragement, fun…and sometimes even accountability to my life. They help me to not take myself too seriously. They’ve taught me to laugh at myself and accept that I can be loved even when I’m showing my human side.

Early Saturday morning, three close friends and I will be flying from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale. We’re going on a vacation. Just the “girls.” We’re taking a week-long Caribbean cruise. The trip isn’t the result of a whim, but of saving and planning for a year.

We need this time of rest. This time of togetherness. With demanding jobs, families, volunteer responsibilities, etc., we’re determined to not let our hectic schedules get in the way of feeding these friendships.

A cruise may never again become reality for the four of us. This may be a once-in-a- lifetime experience and I’m blessed to have the opportunity to share it with them.

God delights in seeing His children enjoy life – and each other.
Sometimes, as goal driven as I am, I need to be reminded of that.

It’s okay to dance under the stars, swim in the ocean, and laugh until your belly hurts.
It’s okay to take a vacation.

Take some time to play with your friends.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye