Getting Ready!

“I’m getting ready!”

“Ready for what?” you ask.

Ready for the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) conference in Dallas, Texas. I leave Seattle with three other writers on September 19th, not to return until the 23rd.

This will be my third ACFW conference and I’m excited! I’m more prepared and confident than several years ago. I know what to expect, not to mention, far more people.

The conference provides an opportunity to immerse myself in learning more about the craft of writing and the publishing business. The days are intense from early morning until midnight. But, what’s a girl to do? I don’t want to miss a thing. It’s great to hang out with other people who are passionate about books – both reading and writing them.

There are numerous classes to take, appointments with editors and agents, and a fabulous keynote speaker. I’m able to share time with current friends and I always meet interesting new people. And where else can you talk one-one and be mentored by so many published authors? Their books sit on the shelves of Barnes and Noble and many other bookstores.

My appointments are made and my proposals are written. If an agent or editor is interested in one of my projects, they’ll request a few chapters and a proposal be sent to them. If they like what they read at that point, they’ll ask to see the full manuscript. It’s a very long process which takes months, but one many have gone through before.

I’ll fill you in after I get back.
I may even have photos.

Hope to see you here!

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye