Not a Morning Person

Some people have the ability to get up early in the morning and greet the day with a smile and a song.

I’m just not one of them.

I admire those who can rise with the sun and function at full capacity. My husband is one of THOSE people. He gets up at 4:30 am to get ready for work. Mornings are the best time of the day for him.

I used to envy…and feel slightly inferior…to THOSE people who could get up early enough to start their day with reading the Bible and praying. I just couldn’t do it. Even if I did manage to rouse myself out of bed, I couldn’t focus.

I like the THOUGHT of rising early and listening to the birds as the sun comes up, but actually doing it is brutal. Once I’m up, I kind of enjoy it. Just don’t talk to me or expect any conversation in return. I’m not ready to participate in any dialogue until after 8:00 am. And then it’s minimal and I better have had some strong coffee.

I’ve begun setting my alarm for 5:00 am so I have time to get on the treadmill before leaving for work. That doesn’t mean I leap out of bed. It takes me at fifteen minutes to get up. Then in a semi-comatose state, with my headphones on, I watch a small TV my husband attached to the wall in front of the treadmill. I switch to autopilot and don’t concern myself with thinking for the following thirty minutes.

My commute time to and from work can be up to forty-five minutes one way. I often use this time to talk to God. I speak to Him frequently throughout my day and I’m striving to listen more. If I want to know what He has to say to me, I better be willing to be quiet long enough to hear it.

Isn’t God great? He doesn’t require that I become a morning person to spend time with Him. I can enjoy His presence all day and evening long. Prayer doesn’t have to take place in a church or other designated location. He’s willing to meet me wherever I am. He’s available ANY time of the day…or night.

A forever night person,
Dawn

Stargazing



2 comments:

  1. I'm so there with you Dawn! My husband SINGS in the morning. Sings! You know what he sings? "Oh What A Beautiful Morning!" It's like a nail through my head. LOL I can get up, I can be productive, but don't ask me to crack a smile until at least 7:30. But hey, at nightime, I come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you girls! I am the truest of night owls! Which doesn't necessarily do wonders for needing to be up early with the baby!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye