Change Your Thinking and Change the World

"The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking."
Albert Einstein

Read the above quote again and let it sink in.

Wow! Did Albert know what he was talking about, or what?

Take the environment. We all know, or should know, that if we don’t take care of it, we’re going to lose what we have. But, it’s easy to think someone else can - and will - deal with it. Paper, plastic, glass, and other items get tossed into the kitchen garbage can instead of being taken out to the garage and thrown into a bin to be recycled.

A multitude of people live in poverty. Not only in other countries, but in the great United States, as well. We see the news reports. We watch children with swollen bellies on the television and listen to the pleas for help…and then we switch the channel to watch more exciting, interesting programming.

Young people are leaving school, not able to read. Women and children are being abused mentally, emotionally, and physically, but feel they have no way out. Not everyone who becomes ill has the means to acquire medical care.

There are always convenient excuses for us to not get involved.

We think:
They should pull themselves up and get a job.
Children should be taken care of by their own country.
Why should I care? I have enough to deal with in my own life.
What difference can I make? I’m only one person.
How can I trust an organization to not misuse the money I give?
I don’t have time to volunteer. My life is busy as it is.
I’ll be able to give when my bills are paid.
The world is going to #@%#, so what’s the use?
I’ll do it later, when I have more time.


You know the excuses you’ve used.
I know what mine have been.
And I know that I need to stop making them.

During a recent news report, a woman talked about the upcoming Martin Luther King Day and mentioned it was established as a day of community service in his honor. She pointed out how much could be accomplished if every person would be willing to volunteer two hours a week to help others. The world would experience great change.

So, what do you think?

Can we change the world?

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye