Just for Laughs

I love to laugh. I need to laugh. Doesn’t everyone?

My personality tends to be more on the serious side. Maybe it’s due to being the responsible firstborn in my family. Or maybe it’s the ethic instilled in me as a child that work needs to be finished before one can play.

I’ve learned to surround myself with people who have a good sense of humor. People who make me laugh... and help me laugh at myself. My husband, my closest friends, and my kids can all bring me out of a funk. They help me to not take life or myself quite so seriously. I appreciate that, and once in a while, I can even surprise them with a little wit of my own.

Mondays tend to be the most difficult day in the week for me and today was no different. From the moment I approached the desk at my “day job,” I was buried under paperwork that needed to be completed. My stress level began to rise.

A manager, realizing that I’d had a taxing morning, came to my desk to read a list of one-liners and puns he’d enjoyed reading. Chuckling over them brought a light moment in the midst of a busy day.

The ability to laugh is one of God’s richest gifts to us. I can only imagine how awesome it will be to someday hear a rich belly laugh errupt from His own lips.

So, just for laughs…

1. Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

2. An invisible man married an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.

3. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

4. A woman had twins and gave them up for adoption. One of them went to a family in Egypt
and was named "Ahmal." The other went to a family in Spain ; they named him "Juan."
Years later, Juan sent a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she
told her husband that she wished she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responded,
"They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."


Keep laughing,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye